The Center for Media at Risk, directed by Professor Barbie Zelizer, formally launched in April 2018. Entitled “What is Media at Risk?,” its launch symposium was a cross-disciplinary conference that brought together media practitioners, media scholars, and media assist organizations to define what “media at risk” means globally in circumstances of political intimidation and what can be done to resist it.
In this video, Michael X. Delli Carpini moderates the fourth panel, "Journalism," which featured the following presentations:
- Arzu Geybulla: No Longer Just a Risk, But an Everyday Reality: Stories from Azerbaijan
- Parker Higgins: Protecting Journalists in the Age of Trump
- Jay Rosen: The Campaign to Discredit the Press
- Silvio Waisbord: Who Cares? When Society Fails to Safeguard Journalists at Risk
- Claire Wardles: F*** News: What's at Stake When We Don't Take Terminology and Definitions Seriously