The World Bank-Annenberg Summer Institute is designed for leaders, strategists, and advisors who want to strengthen the critical communication skills required to support change agents and reform initiatives in developing countries.
This year, we are offering a one-week course tailored for senior level executives who want to learn the most recent advances in strategic communication and best practices for reform. We also will offer a second week that includes specialized sessions for capacity building, executing campaigns, and building communication metrics to measure reform.
The course will be taught by leading experts acrpss the World Bank Group, the Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism at the University of Southern California, and the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Interpreting and using political analysis
- Crafting multi-stakeholder collaboration and network building strategies to support reform
- Developing strategic communication skills that lead to development results
- Leveraging social/digital media tools and analytics effectively
- Building communication metrics to measure reform
- Connecting with a global network of development professionals working on initiatives in the public, private, and non-profit sectors
Who Should Apply?
The course is intended for professionals working on reform initiatives around the world including: strategists, government advisors, senior development practitioners, communication professionals, social entrepreneurs and executives who want to build leadership capacity and effect change.
Successful applicants will possess:
- A minimum 10 to 15 years of professional experience with a focus on multi-stakeholder engagement
- A masters degree or equivalent in communication, public affairs, political science, international relations, economics, or related field
- Fluency in spoken and written English
How to Apply
Please visit the institute's website and fill out the 2019 application form. A Selection Committee will review applications and notify those accepted via email. Space is limited.
Registration includes daily instruction, meals during sessions, and site visit to a leading public affairs, media, or advertising firm. The fee does not include airfare, lodging, or other living expenses. For more information on program and fees, see the program’s website or the attached flyer.