Dr. Joseph Cappella
On August 23, Drug Policy Alliance reported on Joseph Cappella's participation in National Public Radio's Justice Talking, aired earlier that week. In the program, he discussed his research on anti-drug campaigns and the dangers of some anti-drug advertising.
Dr. Michael X. Delli Carpini
- Michael Delli Carpini was quoted in the Morning Call on August 27 in an article concerning Lynn Swann and how he balances his political identity, as the GOP candidate for Pennsylvania governor, versus his athletic identity, as a former professional football player.
- The Columbus Dispatch quoted Michael Delli Carpini on September 11 about the rising use of the Internet in political candidates' campaigns.
- On September 12, Michael Delli Carpini appeared on NewsHour, discussing the movie "The Path to 9/11" and ABC’s attempt to merge news and entertainment. This was covered in the Huffington Post, and the Rush Limbaugh Show.
- Michael Delli Carpini was quoted in the Washington Times on September 29, in a piece on Bill Clinton's recent appearance on Fox News.
Dr. Oscar H. Gandy, Jr.
A study done by Oscar H. Gandy, Jr. and Chul-Joo Lee about the published photographs of New Orleans after Katrina was referenced in a September 8 article in The Jurist on the aftermath of the hurricane.
Dr. Keith Hampton
Keith Hampton was quoted in the August 13 issue of the Boston Globe about the benefits of web-based communication in neighborhoods.
Dr. John L. Jackson, Jr.
In the University of Pennsylvania Almanac on September 5, Amy Gutmann welcomed Dr. John Jackson to the Annenberg School for Communication, the Center for Africana Studies and the School of Arts and Sciences.
Dr. Kathleen Hall Jamieson
- Both Sign On San Diego and the Khaleej Times (United Arab Emirates) quoted Kathleen Hall Jamieson on August 6 about Saddam Hussein's alleged possession of weapons of mass destruction.
- FOX News quoted Kathleen Hall Jamieson on August 16 about the Bush administration's "Setting the Record Straight" memos that were posted online.
- Kathleen Hall Jamieson was quoted in the Concord Monitor on August 19 about the Democratic Party’s threat not to seat New Hampshire's delegates at its convention if the presidential primary was scheduled early.
- Kathleen Hall Jamieson was also quoted in the Associated Press and the Seattle Post Intelligencer on September 8 about the fact that Senator Rick Santorum's has included his family in his campaign.
- On September 12, USA Today mentioned the Annenberg Public Policy Center's 2004 Election Survey, headed by Kathleen Hall Jamieson, in reference to "The Daily Show" viewers' general knowledge of the election.
- Dr. Jamieson was also quoted in an Associated Press piece on Bill Clinton's appearance on Fox News.
- US News quoted Kathleen Hall Jamieson on September 29 about an Annenberg Public Policy Center survey that showed the general American public's lack of knowledge about American government.
- On September 30, Kathleen Hall Jamieson was quoted in infoZine in an article about the standing of the current Supreme Court justice.
Dr. John Jemmott
- John Jemmott was quoted in the August 9 issue of infoZine concerning the decline in risky sexual behavior in Hispanic youths when exposed to HIV Prevention Programs.
- John Jemmott recently led a study on sexual education and condom use in adolescents. Stories were published about the study by Canada.com on August 15, MedIndia on August 16, and the Monitor on August 21.
Dr. Carolyn Marvin
In the September 1 issue of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Carolyn Marvin commented on the National Park Service’s attempt to construct a security fence around Independence Square in downtown Philadelphia.
Dr. Vincent Price
On September 12, the University of Pennsylvania Almanac listed Vincent Price as a member of the newly formed university committee to select the new Associate Provost in March 2007.
Dr. Joseph Turow
- In the Summer 2006 issue of The American Interest, Joseph Turow discussed the work of the late George Gerbner in his article "Industrial Folklore."
- This August, Joseph Turow co-wrote an essay published in the Annual Review of Sociology about the onset of new television technology.
- Joseph Turow also wrote an article in the Boston Globe on August 27 about the affects of new media technology on consumers as well as marketers.
- On September 2, Joseph Turow was then quoted in the South Bend Tribune in an article about the prominence of cable television.
- Joseph Turow was quoted in Market Watch on September 8th in an article about Katie Couric's move to "CBS Evening News" and network's attempt to attract a broader audience.
Dr. Barbie Zelizer
- Barbie Zelizer was also quoted in the September 9 issue of the Philadelphia Inquirer in an article about the resilience of American culture after the events September 11, 2001.
- The Philadelphia Inquirer also quoted Barbie Zelizer in an article about the year 1956, pointing out the early forms of today's media and culture that immerged in that year.