political communication, public opinion, political psychology, casual inference
economic mobility, income inequality, economic voting, redistribution
M.A. Statistics, The Wharton School (2017)
B.A. Government, Harvard University (2011)
- Hopkins, D.J., Kim, Eunji. & S. Kim. 2017. “Does Newspaper Coverage Influence or Reflect Public Perceptions of the Economy?” Research & Politics.
- Mutz, D.C. & Kim, Eunji. 2017. “The Impact of In-Group Favoritism in Trade Attitudes.” International Organization 71(3): 827-850. (featured in Washington Post and Harvard Business Review)
- Mutz, D.C. & Kim, Eunji. “Media Effects on Retrospective Economic Perceptions: Partisan Media and Its Implications for Economic Voting.” The SAGE Handbook of Electoral Behaviour. (forthcoming)
- Jamieson, K.H. & Kim, Eunji. “Political Advertising and Media.” The Oxford Handbook of Political and Policy History. (forthcoming)
- Jamieson, K.H. & Kim, Eunji. 2016. “History and Criticism of Presidential Campaign Advertising.” The Praeger Handbook of Political Campaigning in the United States. Volume 1. 19-30.
- Kim, J. & Kim, Eunji. “Identifying the Effect of Online Rumoring: Evidence from Circulation of the ‘Obama-is-a-Muslim’ Myth on the Internet.” Revise and Resubmit at QJPS
- Mutz, D.C. & Kim, Eunji. "The Implications of Partisan Media for Economic Voting" Under Review
- Kim, Eunji, Pedersen, R.T. & Mutz, D .C. "Why Concerns About Economic Inequality Do Not Translate Into Support for Redistributive Policies"
- Kim, J. & Kim, Eunji. “First-Time Presidential Voting and Political Trust”
- Mutz, D.C., Mansfield, E. & Kim, Eunji. “Effects of Race on Attitudes Toward International Trade: Economics or Symbolic Politics?" (featured in Chicago Council on Global Affairs)
- Kim, Eunji, & Kim, J. "Switching On and Off: Selective Exposure and Partisan Information Updating"
Work in Progress
- "Entertaining Belief in Economic Mobility" (Dissertation project)
- ICA Top Paper Award from the Political Communication Division (2018)
- Scholars Program in Culture and Communication Grant (2017)
- APSA Political Communication Graduate Student Travel Award (2017)
- NSF-Funded Travel Grant, Society for Political Methodology (2017)
- CHAS Excellence in Academic & Intellectual Life Award (2017)
- Christopher Browne Center for International Politics Research Grant (2017)
- SAS Dean Travel Subvention (2017)
- AAPOR Student Travel Award (2017)
- DC-AAPOR 13th Annual Student Paper Competition, 1st Prize (2016)
- PA-NJ AAPOR Graduate Student Paper Competition, 1st Prize (2016)
Eunji Kim is a joint Ph.D. student at Annenberg School for Communication and Department of Political Science at the School of Arts and Sciences at University of Pennsylvania.