MIC Center Townhall Series: Working through the Crisis, Part 2
"Organizing the Essential Work of Care: The Pandemic Through the Eyes of Healthcare Workers"
About the Event
This exciting Zoom event will feature healthcare workers and organizers from the across the country, including National Nurses United (NNU), The Chicago Teachers Union (CTU), The Professional Association of Staff Nurses and Allied Health Professionals (PASNAP), AFT- LOCAL 5121 and Committee of Residents and Interns (CIR).
Healthcare workers continue to risk their lives on the front lines of caring for us and organizing during this Pandemic. In this second installment of the Working Through the Crisis series, nurses, Allied Health Professionals and doctors will share instructive, inspiring and tragic accounts and updates. Most importantly, they will help to sketch out how their experiences should shape the organizing agenda for all of those fighting for justice.
This event is co-organized by the 215 People’s Alliance.
- Mike Gallagher, Registered Physician Rutgers, CIR-SEIU
- Maureen May, RN, Pennsylvania Association of Staff Nurses and Allied Professionals (PASNAP)
- Martha Harrison, Registered Nurse Bedside Caregiver, SA
- Celeste Bevans, PASNAP, VP of Temple University Allied Health Professionals
- Dennis Kosuth, Registered Nurse, Chicago Teachers Union, National Nurses United
- Kelly Cabrera, ER Registered Nurse, Jacobi Medical Center
- Fundador Burgos, CNA - Local AFT, Local 5121
Hosts: Chenjerai Kumanyika and Todd Wolfson